Using the Troubleshooter
On occasion, a theme will be set up so that a background color will obscure the background image set by Full Screen Background Images. This doesn’t mean that there is a problem with your theme, just that a style needs to be adjusted.
Unless you’re familiar with styling CSS this can be a difficult thing to do on your own.
In version 2.0, we have introduced a new troubleshooting feature. This feature allows you to click on an area of your site where the background image should be showing, and automatically provides you with a suggested style to fix the issue.
To enable the troubleshooter:
- Remain logged in as an administrator.
- Navigate to Appearance > Fullscreen BG Image.
- Check the box in the Troubleshooter section.
After enabling the troubleshooter, you can use it by:
- Navigate to a page that should have a background image displaying.
- Click on an area of the page where the background image should be displaying but isn’t. Usually along the margins of the page.
- A prompt will appear with a CSS style. Copy it (CTRL+C on Windows, CMD+C on Mac, or right click and select copy).
- Navigate to your site admin’s Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section by clicking Customize in the top admin bar.
- Paste the CSS you copied into the Additional CSS box.
- Save the changes.
For more complicated situations, we recommend a plugin called CSS Hero. CSS Hero will allow you to edit the trouble area on your site in real time with an easy to use editor. You can also always reach out to support for assistance.