If you need to manually update the plugin, it is fortunately fairly easy to do.
Why Might I Need To Manually Update?
This plugin was acquired from the original developer, and in order for automatic updates to continue on your site, you’ll need to update to the most recent version of the plugin manually.
You may wish to use these steps to resolve other issues if directed here by our support staff.
How To Update The Plugin Manually
- Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin.
- Login to your account.
- Click the View Details and Downloads link.
- Scroll down to the Products section, and click the product name to download the plugin file.
- If the download is not available, it is likely that your license has expired. You will need to renew before continuing.
- Unzip the ZIP file that you just downloaded.
- Windows users: right click the file and select Extract All.
- Mac users: double click the file.
- Access your site via FTP, or your web host’s file manager.
- The manner that you access your site’s files will vary by host. Contact your host if you have questions about how to do this.
- Navigate to /wp-content/plugins
- Delete the full-screen-background folder.
- Upload the full-screen-background folder from the ZIP file in step #2 to the same directory as the folder you just deleted.
That’s it. You should have successfully updated the plugin.
To avoid the need for manual updates in the future, it is important to activate your plugin with an active license key.
If you originally purchased this plugin from PippinsPlugins.com, your license key will be different from the key that you received with your original purchase. Therefore, you cannot use the same license key and continue to receive updates. However, we have provided you with a new license key that will give you access to updates and support.