Configuring Shipping Classes
To set up shipping classes to be used with your product samples, you will need to set up a separate class for your sample.
- When logged in to your site as an administrator, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping tab.
- Click the Shipping Classes link under the main tabs.
- Add a new shipping class for samples.
- Set the shipping cost for your sample by creating a shipping method and adding it to one of your shipping zones.
- You can then set the base cost for all shipping classes using this method in the Cost field.
- You can also add additional costs for each shipping class.
- Then assign the shipping class for a product sample.
- Go to the product details page and click on the Sample Product tab. Select the desired sample shipping class from the shipping class dropdown.
Then the shipping class will be calculated automatically for the sample.
The calculation of the shipping cost can be seen in the screenshot below: