Configuring Tax Classes
To set up tax classes to be used with your product samples, you will need to set up a separate class for your sample.
- When logged in to your site as an administrator, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Tax tab.
- In the Additional tax classes box, enter a name for your sample tax rate.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- You should then see your sample tax rate under the Tax tab. You can set the tax rules for various locations here.
- Navigate to the product detail page of your product, and click on the Product Sample tab.
- Check the Enable tax class checkbox, and select your sample tax class from the dropdown menu.
- Update your product to save your settings.
- When a sample is added to the cart, the tax class will be applied to the sample product automatically.