Enable Geolocation in WooCommerce
WooCommerce provides store owners with the ability to automatically geolocate customers using an integration with MaxMind Geolocation.
MaxMind Geolocation is required for Restrict Purchases by Country to function properly.
To setup MaxMind Geolocation on your WooCommerce store, you first need to have a MaxMind account:
- Create a MaxMind Geolocation account
- On the registration page, complete the form with your information. If you’re not sure what to choose as “Industry” and “Intended use” fields you can fill as “eCommerce” and “Price localization” respectively.
- After submitting you’ll get an email with a link to set your password shortly. Click on that link and choose a password.
After creating an account you will need to create a MaxMind License Key:
- Go to: https://www.maxmind.com/en/account
- Select the “Manage License Keys” tab in your user account dashboard.
- Select “Generate new license key”.
- Fill in the form to generate a license key.
- Add a description (the name of your store)
- Choose “No” next to “Will this key be used for GeoIP Update?”
- Select “Confirm”.
- You will be presented with a new key. Copy this key immediately as it will be shown only once.
Finally, add your MaxMind Geolocation License Key to WooCommerce:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Integration
- Paste the license key in the MaxMind License Key box
- Select “Save changes”
Your store should now be able to use Restrict Purchases by Country.